From Assessment templates you can create a new test template. Click on New assessment template.
Mark the kind of assessment template you want to create and then click «Create». You can read about the different test templates here.
- Fill in Name, Setup code, Subject code and Competency code. These codes are important when it comes to the retrieval of reports and test evidence.
- Possibly fill in how long the test last and if the candidate have the possibility to retake the test any more times. If you fill in f.ex. 30 minutes, the test will close after those 30 minutes have run up, and the candidate will no longer have access to do anything more in the test.
- Choose whether the test is going to be a production test or a pilot test.
- When checking off «Show progress information with progress bar», both the candidate and the place where the test is implemented, will be able to see the candidates’ progress. They will be able to see whether the candidate are in part 1, 2, 3, or the last part of the test.
- «Show correct answer» will leave a mark in the progression bar that will show if the given answer is correct (green caret) or wrong (red cross).
- Click on «Add grade category» and choose which scale that will be valid for this test template.
- Click on «Add grade criteria group» and choose which valuation paper the external examiner will have access to.
- Click on «Add» and choose languages from the dropdown menu if the test is going to be available in several languages.
- Published in «Plan» should be checked off when the schools/test implementation place are going to have access to create the test in Plan. If you use «Test period», you do no have to check off here. The dates will then be added into «Test period» without overriding.
- «Candidate can overwrite given answers» should be checked off if you want to give the candidates the ability to go back in the test and change their answers in tasks given earlier in the test.
- «Require code» should be used if you want to secure the test. You can read more about this further down.
- "Setup is only available for candidate when starting time is passed". The candidate will usually have access to the test by midnight, 12.00 AM, the date the test is planned to be implemented. If you do not want the candidate to have access before a given time, check off here.
- «Assessments will be available forever after start date». If you want the candidates to implement the test whenever they want, you check off here. The candidates will then have access to the test as from the first test day and until you have checked off this box.
- If you want to make a test accessible for a few people only, click on «Add» at «Users who can create a test based on this template.» You then have to write the username of those you want to have access to create this test.
- When everything is filled in, click on the «Save» button.
When you check off "Requires code", you have two options: Static or daily code. By choosing static code you create a code of your choise, which then will be the valid code.
The daily code will automatically change at midnight. "Sync code by date and room" give all tests that are being implemented in the same room at the same time, the same code.
Safe Exam Browser:
If you are going to use Safe Exam Browser, you have to load up a configuration file into the assessment template. You can read more about this browser in an other article.